2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
1kg pumpkins or seasonal squash (weight after peeling and deseeding), cut into 5 cm chunks
1l vegetable stock
150ml double cream
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp Mrs Bridges Ginger & Chilli Chutney
salt & pepper to season
Follow The Recipe
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick stock pot or soup pot on a medium-high heat on the hob.
2. Add the chopped onions, cumin, chilli flakes and ground coriander and sweat the onions for a few minutes until translucent.
3. Add the chopped pumpkin and allow to cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
4. Add the Ginger & Chilli Chutney and stir in well to mix.
5. Add the vegetable stock and bring up to the boil, before reducing to a simmer and cooking for a further 15 minutes.
6. Test that the pumpkin pieces are tender before blitzing the soup with a stick blender until a smooth consistency (alternatively, you can transfer to a blender and work in batches).
7. Before serving, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Garnish at the table with chilli flakes and a little extra cream.