Asian-style Shredded Chicken Salad
- For the salad:
- 400 g cooked roast chicken - breast or thigh meat
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 2 carrots - shaved into ribbons with a potato peeler
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage – finely shredded
- 4 spring onions - finely sliced lengthways
- 1 handful each of mint, basil and coriander, roughly torn
- 200g roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp Mrs Bridges Mayonnaise with Lime & Basil
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
Add the dressing ingredients to a clean jam jar and shake well to combine, or whisk together in a small bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning according to preference.
To assemble the salad, add all ingredients except for the herbs, crushed peanuts and dressing to a large serving bowl. Toss together, then add the dressing and toss again to coat.
Scatter the herbs and peanuts over the salad to garnish, then serve immediately.
Buy the products used in this recipe
Mayonnaise with Lime & Basil
Mrs Bridges knows a match made in heaven - or in her kitchen. This mayonnaise is delicately flavoured with the summer flavours of lime and basil. Try ...View