Mrs Bridges Raspberry & Coconut Slice
- 90 g butter
- 60g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 170g plain flour
- 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 8 tablespoons Mrs Bridges Raspberry Preserve
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 340g shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour, sifted
1. Grease and line a 33.5cm x 24.5 cm tin. Preheat the oven to 200c/180c fan/Gas 6.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add egg, beat well.
3. Sift flour and cornflour, mix into creamed mixture.
4. Spread mixture evenly into greased tin. Spread jam over pastry.
5. Make the topping by creaming butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add egg, beat well. Fold in sifted flour and coconut.
6. Spread topping over jam. Bake in oven at 180 degrees for 25 minutes; cut into slices when cold.
Buy the products used in this recipe
Scottish Raspberry Preserve
The best of succulent Scottish raspberries and Mrs B's traditional recipe make this the quintessential preserve. We 're sure that this one would make ...View