Smoky Tomato and Chorizo Mussels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 200g chorizo, quartered lengthwise and cut into chunks
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Mrs Bridges Smoky Tomato Relish with Cayenne pepper
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- 125mls red wine
- 1 kg mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- handful of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
- slices of rustic bread or toast to serve
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Add the chorizo and cook, stirring, until most of the fat is rendered and it begins to crisp on the edges. Transfer the chorizo to a bowl and set aside.
Add the onions the pan and cook until they start to soften.
Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds before adding the chopped tomatoes with juices.
Season with salt & pepper to taste and allow to cook for around 10 minutes on a low heat.
Increase the heat before adding the wine and tomato relish and stir to combine.
Add the mussels, then cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes, shaking the pan.
Add the chorizo back into the pan and discard any unopened mussels.
Serve with rustic bread and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.
Buy the products used in this recipe
Sticky Tomato Relish with Cayenne Pepper
Ideal for summer, but just as warming in winter, our new Sticky Tomato Relish has just the right amount of cayenne pepper, for a touch of heat. ...View