For the curry paste
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli
- 2 lemongrass stalks finely chopped
- 5cm chunk of ginger
- handful of coriander stems
- 2 tbsp muscovado sugar
- 3 tbsp tamarind purée
- 4 Thai basil leaves
For the curry
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Mrs Bridges Mango Chutney with Lime & Ginger , and more to serve
- 8 skin-on chicken thighs
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 100g fine green beans, topped and tailed, chopped into 3cm chunks
- 1 large mango, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- 5 Thai basil leaves
- jasmine rice to serve
- handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
Follow The Recipe
Blend the chopped lime leaves with the rest of the curry paste ingredients in a food processor.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large non-stick pan, and brown the chicken thighs, starting with the skin side down. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large saucepan, add the curry paste and cook on a medium heat for 2-3 mins. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the browned chicken, lime zest and juice. Add the mango chutney and stir to combine. Season to taste and cover. Gently simmer for 30 mins until the chicken is tender.
Remove the lid and cook for a further 5 mins. Add the green beans, mangoes, whole lime and Thai basil leaves. Add the coriander leaves just before serving with hot jasmine rice and a spoonful of the mango chutney. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh coriander.