- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 celeriac, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 - 1.5 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp. Mrs Bridges Farmhouse Chutney
- a knob of butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut or light olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 slices sourdough bread
Follow The Recipe
In a large heavy-bottomed pan, heat the coconut oil on a high heat.
Add the chopped butternut squash, celeriac, and carrots. Cook for around 5 minutes until the vegetables are lightly caramelised. Set aside.
Add a little more oil to the pan, add the coriander powder, cumin powder and the chopped onions. Cook on a low heat until the onions are softened and translucent.
Add the butternut squash, celeriac, and carrots back into the pan stir to mix. Add in the liquid stock and bring to the boil.
Add in 2 tablespoons of Mrs Bridges Farmhouse chutney. Simmer for a further 30 minutes.
Blend with a stick blender until a creamy consistency.
Add the chopped parsley and stir through the soup.
To make the croutons, slice the sourdough bread into squares. Butter both sides.
Bring a non-stick pan up to high heat and fry the croutons for a minute on each side
To serve, add a teaspoon of Farmhouse Chutney to each crouton and ‘float’ in the centre of the bowl of soup.