Smoked Duck Salad with Candied Walnuts and Honey Orange Dressing
- 200g sliced smoked duck breast
- large bag of mixed salad leaves e.g. watercress, rocket, spinach
- 2 large oranges, segmented
- For the honeyed walnuts
- 80g walnuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp runny honey (warm through if required)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper1 tsp salt
- For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp walnut, or light olive oil
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- juice and zest of ½ orange
- 2 tbsp Mrs Bridges Orange Marmalade with Honey
- salt and pepper to season
In a small bowl, combine the honey, cayenne pepper and salt.
Line a baking tray with parchment. Scatter the chopped walnuts evenly across the tray.
Drizzle the honey mixture over the walnuts. Bake for 10 minutes in a preheated oven (175c / 155c fan) , keeping a close eye so that they do not burn.
Whilst the nuts are in the oven, carefully peel and segment the oranges using a sharp paring knife.
When the nuts are caramelised, remove from the oven and allow to fully cool.
Assemble the dish either as one large sharing platter, or individual plates, by arranging salad laves, slices of smoked duck and orange segments. Scatter the walnuts over the top.
To make the dressing add all the ingredients to a clean empty jar, and shake well to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Drizzle the dressing over the top of the salad and serve immediately.