Fattoush Salad with Lemon & Lime Dressing
- 3 Middle Eastern-style flatbreads, or pitta
- 500g mixed ripe tomatoes
- 3 mini cucumber
- ½ each green and yellow pepper
- 150g radish, washed
- 1 red onion
- 1 Little Gem lettuce
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp sumac
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Mrs Bridges Lemon & Lime Marmalade
- salt and pepper to season
Place the bread straight onto the rack of a pre-heated oven at 160C / 140C Fan, and cook for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and then break into pieces.
Prepare the tomatoes, cucumber, radish, pepper, lettuce, and red onion, chopping them all to preferred size for the salad.
To make the dressing add the olive oil, sumac, lemon juice, shallot and Mrs Bridges Lemon & Lime Marmalade to a mason jar. Season with salt and pepper, and then close and shake to emulsify the dressing. Adjust the seasoning and add more sumac if desired.
Assemble the salad with the freshly chopped vegetables, coriander, mint, flat-leaf parsley and broken bread pieces.
Mix to combine before drizzling the dressing over the top. Serve immediately.