Roast Topside of Beef with Christmas Marmalade & Traditional English Mustard Glaze
- 1.3kg Lean Beef Roasting Joint e.g. Topside or Sirloin
- 2 tsp Mrs Bridges Traditional English Mustard
- 6 tbsp Mrs Bridges Christmas Marmalade
- 3 tbsp Fresh Orange Juice
- 3 tbsp flat-leaf Parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and cut into slivers
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 190c / 170c fan – assisted
- Place the beef joint on a chopping board and make several slits along the top with a sharp knife before seasoning well with salt and pepper.
- Next, begin covering the top and sides with 2 tsp of Mrs Bridges Traditional English Mustard before finally pushing the slivers of garlic into the slits made along the top of the beef joint. Place the beef joint in a large roasting tin and put in the oven for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Whilst the joint is cooking, mix together the Mrs Bridges Christmas Marmalade, chopped flat-leaf parsley and orange juice in a small bowl.
- Once combined, separate the mixture into two separate bowls.
- 20 minutes before the end of cooking, remove the joint from the oven and brush with the marmalade glaze. Return the meat to the oven for the remaining cooking time, then remove and allow to rest for min 15 minutes.
- Serve with the remaining glaze, a dollop of Mrs Bridges Traditional English Mustard and your favourite accompaniments such as roast potatoes, sprouts, parsnips, or carrots.
Buy the products used in this recipe
Traditional English Mustard
A British Classic! Serve with ham to liven up a sandwich, or as part of your condiment selection at the dinner table. ...View
A Christmas marmalade flavoured with cranberries and warming mixed spice. ...View