Meringue Wreaths with Mrs Bridges Fruits of the Forest Preserve
- For the meringues
- 6 large free-range egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- For the filling
- 600ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g icing sugar, sifted
- 3 - 4 tbsp Mrs Bridges Fruits of the Forest with Mulled Wine Preserve
- selection of fresh fruit and berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries pomegranate
- mint leaves to garnish
- icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 160c / 140c fan-assisted
2. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment, and then using 2 sizes of cookie cutters, create ring shapes on the parchment using a pen.
3. Add six egg whites into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk until white and fluffy. Gradually begin adding the caster sugar, whisking this time on maximum speed until the mixture is stiff, glossy and forms peaks.
4. Mix in the vinegar and corn flour until smooth and then gently spoon the meringue mixture into each of the penned rings; try using the back of a spoon to move the mixture around to create the wreath circles.
5. Place into the oven, reducing the temperature down to 120c and cook for 1 hour before removing the tray from the oven and leaving the meringues to cool overnight.
6. In a large bowl whip the double cream, vanilla essence, and icing sugar until the mixture starts to become stiff. Now spoon through 2-3 tbsp of Mrs Bridges Fruits of the Forest with Mulled Wine Preserve before spooning the mixture into the trench and around the top of each meringue. To decorate, top with your chosen berries, a dust of icing sugar and garnish of mint.