Sherry and Amaretti Trifle with Raspberry Curd
- 1 packet of raspberry jelly
- 300g fresh raspberries, washed and patted dry
- 150g fresh blackberries, washed and patted dry
- 200ml pale cream sherry
- 600ml vanilla custard
- 200g amaretti biscuits (of which 50g crushed, to decorate)
- 600ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 jar Mrs Bridges Raspberry Curd
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- edible gold dust to decorate
1. Soak half the raspberries and all the blackberries in the sherry for a minimum of 30 min.
2. Meanwhile, make the jelly as per packet instructions but reduce the cold water volume by 200ml.
Pour the jelly into your serving dish and carefully add the soaked berries and all the sherry liquid. Place in the fridge to set for 2 hours.
4. Carefully spoon and spread a layer of raspberry curd on top of the set jelly.
5. Next, add the whole amaretti biscuits placing them into the side of the dish, and creating a layer of biscuits on top of the curd.
6. Carefully pour over the custard, then spoon over the softly whipped cream on top.
7. Top with the remaining raspberries, flaked almonds, crushed amaretti and finish with a dusting of edible gold.
Buy the products used in this recipe
Our newest berry sensation. Delicious raspberries feature in this tasty curd, ideal for the breakfast table. ...View