Warming Pumpkin Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil2 onions, finely chopped1kg pumpkins or seasonal squash (weight after peeling and deseeding), cut into 5 cm chunks 1l vegetable stock 150ml double cream1 tsp ground coriander1 tsp chilli flakes1 tsp ground cumin 3 tbsp Mrs Bridges Ginger & Chilli Chutneysalt & pepper to season
1. Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick stock pot or soup pot on a medium-high heat on the hob.
2. Add the chopped onions, cumin, chilli flakes and ground coriander and sweat the onions for a few minutes until translucent.
3. Add the chopped pumpkin and allow to cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
4. Add the Ginger & Chilli Chutney and stir in well to mix.
5. Add the vegetable stock and bring up to the boil, before reducing to a simmer and cooking for a further 15 minutes.
6. Test that the pumpkin pieces are tender before blitzing the soup with a stick blender until a smooth consistency (alternatively, you can transfer to a blender and work in batches).
7. Before serving, stir in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Garnish at the table with chilli flakes and a little extra cream.
Buy the products used in this recipe
Ginger & Chilli Chutney
One of the most popular chutneys. A great ingredients to use in Asian inspired dishes and stir fries. ...View